Randolph Township, Montgomery
Randolph Township was formed
from Elizabeth Township in 1804. The settlement of the area
took place in two migrations, the first by river boat through
Cincinnati in the early 1800s. Settlers first to arrive were
Quakers from Randolph County, North Carolina led by Daniel Hoover
and David Mast and Mennonites and Brethren from Pennsylvania led
by the Warner, Rasor, Herr and Brumbaugh families. The
second wave began after the National Road had reached the township
in 1838 and brought mainly German Baptist families overland from
Pennsylvania. A township government existed from at least
1810 until January 1998 when rural parts of the township merged
with the Village of Clayton.
The township no longer exists as a governing unit but has been
replaced by the city governments of Clayton, Englewood, and
Union. The boundaries of the old township are the Stillwater
River on the east, Westbrook Road on the south, and Diamond Mill
Road on the west, and County line Road on the north. The
township still exists for survey records purposes.
Randolph High School Class Photos
RTHS has been designated by the Northmont
School District as the repository for their original framed Randolph
High School (RHS) class photos. Originals can be viewed at the History
Center. Copies can be seen by clicking on the link below. The originals can be viewed at the History Center.
RHS Class Photos
|William Mayfield took aerial photos of forty-six local towns and cities in conjunction with Rike-Kumler's 73rd anniversary celebration. (1926)
||Village of Clayton
|Click on images for expanded view
Click on the stars next to the cities to open our photo album.